GStreamer - Winner of the ZEISS 3nd FOSS Funding Award

Streidl, Holger holger.streidl at zeiss.com
Fri Jul 19 06:58:41 UTC 2024

Dear GStreamer Maintainers/Community,
I am contacting you from the Open Source Program Office at ZEISS Digital Partners - Carl Zeiss AG regarding our third FOSS Funding Awards for which also your project has been selected.
ZEISS advances its business transformation through technology, and digital solutions have become part of its DNA. Therefore, Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) plays a vital role within the whole ZEISS Group. Whether it enhances our daily workflows or constitutes an integral part of our product portfolio, it fuels our innovative power and therefore serves our customers' needs in the best way possible. To reflect its special status, we have dedicated company policies in place to make sure that the licensing terms under which the source code is made available to us are complied with and, at the same time, we encourage our developers to contribute and get actively involved within this global community.
In addition, ZEISS has started an initiative to fund FOSS projects that matter to us. For that we asked our developer community to nominate outstanding candidates.
I am delighted to let you know that GStreamer has been selected as the winner of an award of € 3,000. Congratulations on your awesome project, which is highly regarded at ZEISS! We hope that our donation not only shows our appreciation, but also allows you to focus on taking your meaningful work one step further.
Thank you and best regards,
Holger
__________
Holger Streidl
Corporate Open Source Officer
Open Source Program Office
ZEISS Digital Partners

Carl Zeiss AG
Kistlerhofstraße 75
81379 München, Germany

www.zeiss.com<http://www.zeiss.com/>

Carl Zeiss AG
Headquarters: Oberkochen, Germany
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Michael Bolle
Executive Board: Dr. Karl Lamprecht (President & CEO),
Susan-Stefanie Breitkopf, Sven Hermann, Stefan Müller,
Andreas Pecher, Dr. Jochen Peter, Dr. Markus Weber
Commercial register Ulm, HRB 501 555, VAT REG No: DE 811 119 940