[Bug 668627] New: [h264parse] conversion avc/au to byte-stream/au broken
bugzilla at gnome.org
Tue Jan 24 17:00:34 PST 2012
GStreamer | gst-plugins-bad | git
Summary: [h264parse] conversion avc/au to byte-stream/au broken
AssignedTo: gstreamer-bugs at lists.freedesktop.org
ReportedBy: jonas at hallerud.se
QAContact: gstreamer-bugs at lists.freedesktop.org
GNOME version: ---
Created an attachment (id=206046)
h264 stream in mp4 container that cannot be parsed properly
Conversion from packetized au aligned avc streams to au aligned byte streams is
* For avc, split_packetized is always set to TRUE with the comment: "if input
!= output, and input is avc, must split before anything else".
* avc packets are split in gst_h264_parse_chain and NALUs passed separately to
* baseparse chain calls gst_h264_parse_check_valid_frame with one NALU from
* check_valid_frame knows that it has a complete NALU and returns success
* NAL collection code is useless when input is packetized.
gst_h264_parse_collect_nal doesn't function and its return value is ignored in
* baseparse think we have a full frame and pushes it. In reality we have one
* pushed "frame" *always* consist of one NALU. Regardless of negotiated
alignment (au/nal) we always get nal. src caps is lying which causes downstream
elements to fail.
The attached sample triggers these problems:
gst-launch -v filesrc location=output.mp4 ! qtdemux ! h264parse !
video/x-h264,stream-format=byte-stream,alignment=au ! fakesink
* result is nal aligned, not au
* many pushed buffers/nals lacks timestamps
* SPS/PPS from codec_data are injected before first IDR NALU (4th), in the
middle of first AU. According to spec, AU delimiter is always first NAL in AU
if present. SPS/PPS should go after it, before the two SEIs that reference the
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug.
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the gstreamer-bugs