[Bug 671909] Port base video encoding and decoding classes from gst-plugins-bad
bugzilla at gnome.org
Fri Mar 23 04:34:49 PDT 2012
GStreamer | gst-plugins-base | git
--- Comment #5 from Sebastian Dröge <slomo at circular-chaos.org> 2012-03-23 11:34:45 UTC ---
Some more comments here:
** leaking previously set input state
** the comment at the top talks about channels/rate
** why are there two functions for the caps? can't this be one and detection if
this is raw (video/x-raw) or not is inside the function?
** and the parameters to the compare function can be const
** can we get rid of the clean_* fields too?
* Two states are missing in the encoder currently
And from previous review, just so it doesn't get lost:
* sink_event/src_event vfuncs missing
* two public segments (in and output segment) or make part of the states
* gst_video_decoder_get_byte_time() is a really weird name :)
* GstVideoState/GstVideoFrame needs padding and probably still contains some
unused things. But I know that you planned to work on this next
* Check the ownership transfer of the frame parameter of _finish_frame(),
_drop_frame() and ::handle_frame(). Should be consistent with the ones in the
audio base classes and IIRC they are not
* gst_video_decoder_set_sync_point() and other frame-related things should
probably operate on the frames nstead of the decoder. Feels weird to do it on
the decoder instead and also could be problematic if there's internal queueing
of more than a single frame inside the decoder
* The coder_hook/destroy_notify is probably hard to use for bindings
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug.
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the gstreamer-bugs