[Bug 743345] glimagesink: Add support for dmabuf
bugzilla at gnome.org
Sat Feb 7 15:43:45 PST 2015
GStreamer | gst-plugins-bad | unspecified
--- Comment #8 from Matthew Waters <ystreet00 at gmail.com> 2015-02-07 23:43:39 UTC ---
Same reasons you add any caps feature.
1. Simplicity - you know exactly what you're getting.
2. Extensibility - possiblity to add extra required fields to the caps.
3. Selection - You may want to select a specific memory type to connect to
appsink for example.
4. Negotiation - element can limit pools, allocators and meta to those that
support the specific caps feature. Can also prioritise element links with caps
features in decodebin/playbin.
5. Mapping - the feature might not support mapping to sysmem (doesn't seem to
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug.
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the gstreamer-bugs