[gst-devel] Deadlines for release

Erik Walthinsen omega at cse.ogi.edu
Mon Dec 4 11:46:27 CET 2000

If we're going to get a release out by the end of the year, we need to set
a few general deadlines.  The first is that we shouldn't be coding any
features for at least 3 or 4 days prior to the release.  That means
feature-freeze a couple days after Christmas, on the 27th or 28th.

I personally am going to try not to do anything major with new code past
Christmas itself, and instead focus on code review, cleanup, and
documentaton.  If the release doesn't compile or have enough documentation
to get people started, there's not much point, is there?

And of course, there's a lot of documentation to be done, more than either
Wim or I have time for.  Consider this another plea for people to help
with documentation ;-)

         Erik Walthinsen <omega at cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
        __
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user