[gst-devel] Test MPEG-1 streams

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at tvd.be
Sun Feb 13 14:14:44 CET 2000

Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> OK, you *must* check out this bitstream.  Make sure you have an existing
> system-stream player (smpeg, mtv, mtvp, etc.) to play this the first time
> through, as not having audio/video sync will kill it.  Then we can work on
> getting gstreamer able to play this one cleanly:
>
> http://dwp.bigplanet.com/vnavone/nss-folder/movies/AlienSong.mpg

This is a nice one :-)

One problem with the threads you created: the queues are filled up quite
fast on my machine, the parser hits eof and ends the program before even
the first frame is decoded. How do we check the end of the decoding process
in all the elements?

two options for the filled queues:

 Limit the size of the queue to some arbitrary length (configurable). Bad
 option?

 Make the system stream parser aware of the PTS/DTS timecodes. How do we
 do with WAV? limit buffer length?

i'll implement the buffer length for now. You'll allways want to limit the
queue length or you'll end up having a complete movie in memory.

Wim

> You can get more at http://dwp.bigplanet.com/vnavone/.
>
>          Erik Walthinsen <omega at cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
>         Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
>    Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
>         __
>        /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
>       |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
>       _\  /_                          for the home or office user

love, n.:
	When you don't want someone too close--because you're very sensitive
	to pleasure.