[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] gstreamer wtay

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at chello.be
Thu Jul 13 20:46:34 CEST 2000

"Myers W. Carpenter" wrote:

> > Wim Taymans wrote:
> > > hopefully fix an mmx compilation problem.
> >
> >         Fixed it for me, at least.  Havn't tried any mpeg2 stream tho.

Please note that I do not currently use the correct timestamps for mpeg2 streams
so video might be jerky.

>         I dug some up from the libmpeg2 pages.
>
>         http://heroine.linuxave.net/titanic512.mpg
>
>         So far the only one I've downloaded (I'm on the bad side of a 28.8 for
> the next 5 weeks :(), but it doesn't work.  Here's the output:
>
> gsttypefind: try type :10
> gsttypefind: try type :9
> gsttypefind: try type :8
> gsttypefind: try type :7
> gsttypefind: try type :6
> gsttypefind: try type :5
> gsttypefind: try type :4
> gsttypefind: found type :4
> have type 4:video/mpeg-system video/mpeg1-system video/mpeg

This is an mpeg1 system stream.

> DEBUG: mpeg_play:util extension ID = 1
> DEBUG: MPEG2 detected
> DEBUG: sequence extension
> DEBUG:   profile_and_level_indication=72
> DEBUG:     profile=4, level=8
> DEBUG:   progressive_sequence=0
> DEBUG:   chroma_format=1
> DEBUG:   horizontal_size_extension=0
> DEBUG:   vertical_size_extension=0
> DEBUG:   bit_rate_extension=0
> DEBUG:   vbv_buffer_size_extension=0
> DEBUG:   low_delay=0
> DEBUG:   frame_rate_extension_n=0
> DEBUG:   frame_rate_extension_d=0
> DEBUG: mpeg_play:util extension ID = 2
> DEBUG: sequence display extension
> DEBUG:   video_format=2
> DEBUG:   color_description=1
> DEBUG:     color_primaries=5
> DEBUG:     transfer_characteristics=5
> DEBUG:     matrix_coefficients=4
> DEBUG:   display_horizontal_size=360
> DEBUG:   display_vertical_size=160
> DEBUG: mpeg_play:util extension ID = 8
> DEBUG: picture coding extension
> DEBUG:   forward horizontal f_code=15
> DEBUG:   forward vertical f_code=15
> DEBUG:   backward horizontal f_code=15
> DEBUG:   backward_vertical f_code=15
> DEBUG:   intra_dc_precision=0
> DEBUG:   picture_structure=3
> DEBUG:   top_field_first=1
> DEBUG:   frame_pred_frame_dct=0
> DEBUG:   concealment_motion_vectors=0
> DEBUG:   q_scale_type=1
> DEBUG:   intra_vlc_format=1
> DEBUG:   alternate_scan=0
> DEBUG:   repeat_first_field=0
> DEBUG:   chroma_420_type=0
> DEBUG:   progressive_frame=0
> DEBUG:   composite_display_flag=0
> FIXME: need to adjust the quantizer scale 14

with an MPEG2 video stream...

weirdness... What about the standards?

This is hard to fix. It needs a lot of work in the typedetect
department. I have to look deep into the stream to find out that it
really is an mpeg2 stream.

It also has a width that is not a multiple of 16 and it has a non-
standard video rate of 15fps (this is done with the libmpeg2 package).
I'll commit a fix so that it plays by forcing the mpeg2 decoder. for
now.

> and then it segfaults.

Yes, no doubt.

Wim

>         Yell at me if this doesn't help :)

I have a very fast internet connection so when I can get the stream,
I'll try to fix it.

--
You will be awarded a medal for disregarding safety in saving someone.