[gst-devel] Re: GStreamer for Media Library

Erik Walthinsen omega at cse.ogi.edu
Sat Mar 25 19:58:34 CET 2000

On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Nicholas Francis wrote:

> What would be cool would be if we had a CORBAinterface 'Element', that
> people could derive from and implement in their language of choice. That
> would give you lots of plugins.

I need to read a lot more about CORBA and Bonobo, but I think that might
be possible.  It would be easy to wrap GstElement in a component for use
externally, doing the opposite (wrapping a component in a GstElement, for
plugins) could be harder.  The main issue is whether or not all the
necessary hooks can be made, especially for signals and such.  It could
get hairy.

         Erik Walthinsen <omega at cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
        __
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user