[gst-devel] Wow! (more questions, sorry :)

Myers W. Carpenter myers at fil.org
Fri May 12 03:15:59 CEST 2000

	I stayed up late last night reading through the entire mailing list
archive and all I can say now is WOW.   This is cool.  I'm really
impresed as to what this framework can do.
	Right now I have a lot of ideas and questions, and I'll try and save
them until I'm sure I know what I'm talking about.

	I would like to add what I can to the project.  Where can I start?  My
personal inclination is to write end user apps, and my main itch is a
good video player with seek support.  I was encouraged by this comment
(I think it was a cvs commit or something)

---
Almost as fast as the commercial mpeg player mtv, but with a much
better video quality :-)
---
	So let's not sit on it. :)

	Is gstreamer ready for a end user app?  I realize gstreamer is "a
moving target" but I'm willing keep aiming.  If this really isn't a good
idea point to where I should go.

	Some one asked what kind of documentation would be good, I think top
down api documentation (gstreamer from an application writer point of
view.  Check out the docs for libmpeg2 or quicktime4linux for examples)
would be great.  I would like to do this along the way while writting
the video player.

Terminology Questions

What is scrubbing ?  fast forward, playing backwards?

What's "UST-style nanoseconds"?

	thanks,
		myers

--
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.