[gst-devel] More problems building...

Myers W. Carpenter myers at fil.org
Fri May 12 03:33:20 CEST 2000

> On a different matter, I also found that I needed to apply a patch to
> gsttrace.c to get it to compile on my newly installed system.
> (gcc --version 2.95.2)  We should probably put this into the CVS, but
> likewise I don't have sufficient knowledge of assembler to decide whether
> this patch is appropriate (a documentation comment in this region to
> explain exactly what the asm is for would be great...)

	Erik said it was to count how many cycles the processor had done since
boot up.  Why gstreamer needs to know this I don't know.

> On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 07:45:33PM -0400, Myers W. Carpenter wrote:
> >       Understood.  Should configure be picking out what's good and what's
> > not? If you don't have time I could update it.
>
> Well, as far as I'm concerned configure should set up the build to do the
> best possible and compile as much of the system as possible, or else give
> up cleanly.  So, yes, and I'm sure anyone with time is welcome.

	With all the patches that you describe it sounds like you've taken care
of all the problems I had.  I was just looking for something to dig
into.

	myers

--
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.