[gst-devel] Autoplugging with multiple sinks

Richard Boulton richard.boulton at open.muscat.com
Sun Sep 10 16:01:39 CEST 2000

Just a quick question.  I've been playing with the autoplugging example,
helloworld2: adding different sinks and playing around to see how it works.
Is there any easy way to have two separate sinks for the data to come out
of?  Currently, I can't see how to do this at all with autoplugging - I
need to have an element which simply passes the data through, which has
the appropriate type for autoplugging, and into which I can then plug each
of my sinks.  Is there such an element?

Concrete example: make an audio player which plays the sound with an
audiosink and also displays the sound with a smoothwave plugin.

It would be nice if the autoplugging supported multiple sinks.  It could
then work out the best path to produce the output desired by each of the
sinks.  A similar thing for multiple sources might be nice, though I can't
see how that would work.

Or am I approaching all this from the wrong direction? :-)

--
Richard