[gst-devel] lil' Contest for a premiere effects plugin

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Wed Apr 4 00:41:32 CEST 2001

Hi,

I recently tried to use the low prices of the memory in the US to add
some RAM to my machine, so now I have a 256 megs PC133 SDRAM that
doesn't work on my computer :) It needs a fairly recent computer to use.

Ok, so rather than getting almost nothing from it, I have some code I
don't have much time to work on.

Goal: make of the g-force x11 port a gstreamer effects plugin
Details: g-force is at first a MacOS/Windows application/effects plugin
http://www.55ware.com/gforce/index.html
        g-force unix port is available here,
http://www.mnsi.net/~bgjenero/gforce/
        port g-force to gstreamer's plugin architecture
        input pad (any type of sound) -> output pad (video
understandable by
the videosink)
To win these 256 megs of RAM, you'd have to provide an example
application (like in the tests/ subdir in gstreamer) under the LGPL
license (like the rest of the Unix port) using this plugin and the
plugin as well =)

If you want more infos, contact me, and copy the list if you think the
list could be interested.

Cheers

PS: I understand that memory is not very expensive these days, but I
think it would be a nice retribution for this work.

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net