[gst-devel] question about gstreamer

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Tue Apr 10 17:23:02 CEST 2001

Hi,

I'm new to gstreamer.  I've read most of the docs and wanted to start
working with gstreamer.  I downloaded the source code and tried compiling
it on three different machines (running standard Red Hat 6.2 or 7.0) but
couldn't get it to work on any of them.

Most problems seem to lie with the xml headers; I was wondering what
version other people have for the xml and xml-devel libraries.  Also am I
right in thinking I should have the normal ones, not the libxml2 ones ?

Any other pointers on doing a successful install ?

Thanks in advance,
thomas

what good are promises
if nobody honours them ?