[gst-devel] What projects are underway?

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Apr 23 00:33:33 CEST 2001

Hey again,

On 2001.04.19 20:43:49 +0200 Bastien Nocera wrote:

> If you're to do a NLE, please do not use _only_ GTK+. Please use the
> GNOME libraries (meaning the gnome-libs for the UI, and as Dan
> suggested, the amazing Bonobo).
> Nobody would think of doing a Qt-only application, one does a KDE
> application. You will save a lot of time using the already existing
> libraries, rather than reinventing the wheel for every special widget.

Why?
Video editing is not about widgets.
Video-editing is about some simple buttons which trigger a function. The
function BELOW that button is what video editing is all about. If it wasn't
for the people who want GUIs all the time (I'm one of them ;-), I could
make a console-driven video editor...
The only widget I'm having problems with now is one for scene-cutting. But
gnome/bonobo doesn't seem to have it too. (I need a scrollbar with three
thicks instead of one)

Btw what is bonobo anyway?

> I'm eager to see this project starting. Good luck to you.

Me too!

Ronald

--
--   .-.    | Ronald Bultje                        |