[gst-devel] Sparc Port of GStream

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Mon Apr 23 19:19:31 CEST 2001

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 06:07:13PM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> There is no processor-dependant black-magic. You just need the proper
> libraries, like glib, gtk+, pthreads and probably a Gnu C compiler.

I'm afraid there is: due to there being no portable cothread library, there
is a very small piece of assembly required for each processor to do stack
frame mangling.  See gst/gstarch.h

gst/gstsparc.h is indeed all that should need modifying, though.  Some
plugins may need work still, but everything should then compile.

I thought that Erik had compiled on a sparc, though.  Or maybe he just
guessed the code, but hasn't been able to test it out yet.

--
RIchard