[gst-devel] Status of CVS version?

Thomas Nyberg thomas at codefactory.se
Mon Apr 23 20:49:14 CEST 2001

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 10:56:19AM -0700, Steve Brown wrote:
> I'm new to gstreamer and am trying to become familiar with it. The
> architecture, documentation, debugging facilities and development tool
> make it very compelling.
>
> Could somebody comment on the status of the following? The archives
> didn't help me much.
>
> Status of alsasink?
>     For me, it crashes during initialization.

Hi,
the ALSA-stuff has been broken and doesn't work in the current cvs-version.
The API for the creationg of capabilities has changed, and the alsa-plugin
creates them dynamicly depending on your hardware so... I will try to
fix this as soon as I get enough time, school and life is always in the
way :(

However, it might be some other error. If you would be so kind as provide
me with some output from gdb, and compile the ALSA-plugin with ALSA_DEBUG
defined - it would help out a lot.

Regards,

/Thomas <thomas at codefactory.se>

Thomas Nyberg                    thomas.nyberg at codefactory.se
CodeFactory AB                   http://www.codefactory.se/
Office: +46 (0)90 71 86 10       Cell: +46 (0)70 335 61 64