[gst-devel] [ gstreamer-Bugs-445700 ] Problems with 0.2.1 and FLAC 1.0

Steven Crouse stevec at oeone.com
Thu Aug 2 08:16:54 CEST 2001

Because developers are notoriously bad at performing QA on their own work. When I
write code I know exactly how to use it so it doesn't screw up. But in general I'm
not going to be the one using it, so it is important to have a third party do the
testing. Bug tracking systems usually allow developers to flag bugs as "fixed" which
are then picked up by QA and tested. QA then can either close the bug or send it back
to the developer.

In this case it was probably something very minor and doesn't really need extensive
testing, but it still needs to go through the standard fix->test->release procedure.

Steve Crouse
Software Developer
OEone Corp.