[gst-devel] RFC: configure script fixes

Christian Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Sun Aug 5 23:41:54 CEST 2001

Hi,
While working on getting GStreamer compiled under Solaris I needed to
change == to = two places in configure.base. Solaris 'test' barfs at ==
so I think if we use == we add a build dependecy on GNU test (from the
sh-tools package.)

The two occurences are under gsm and SDL. Can those in the know confirm
that changing == to = in these two cases will not cause any troubles?

Christian

Code experts below:

GSM_LIBS=-lgsm
AC_CHECK_HEADER(gsm.h, :,
  GSM_CFLAGS="$GSM_CFLAGS -DGSM_HEADER_IN_SUBDIR"
  AC_CHECK_HEADER(gsm/gsm.h, :, HAVE_LIBGSM=no)
)
AC_SUBST(GSM_CFLAGS)
AC_SUBST(GSM_LIBS)

if test "x$HAVE_LIBGSM" == "xyes"; then
  AC_DEFINE(HAVE_LIBGSM, 1, [Define if GSM library is available])
else
  AC_MSG_WARN(
***** NOTE: These plugins won't be built: gsmdec, gsmenc

  CPPFLAGS="$sdlcheck_save_CPPFLAGS"
  AC_CHECK_LIB(SDL, SDL_CreateYUVOverlay, :, HAVE_LIBSDL=no, $SDL_LIBS)
else
  AC_MSG_RESULT(not found)
  HAVE_LIBSDL=no
  SDL_LIBS=