[gst-devel] MozStreamer plug-in

Steven Crouse stevec at oeone.com
Fri Aug 10 13:30:10 CEST 2001

Hello all,

    I just wanted to let everyone know that GStreamer and MozStreamer
are currently mentioned on the front page of Mozilla.org in the top news
item.

    Also the Mozilla people who OEone has been talking to have indicated
an interest in using MozStreamer/GStreamer as THE main multimedia
handler for the Mozilla core. But of course for this to happen GStreamer
would need to be able to run everywhere Mozilla can run.

    So what I'm trying to do now is gather feedback on the portability
of GStreamer so that the higher ups at Mozilla and OEone can decide if
this is a route to try and pursue.

    If anyone can provide comments, input, or suggestions concerning the
portability of GStreamer it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve Crouse (asmod)