[gst-devel] bindings

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Wed Aug 15 00:11:11 CEST 2001

Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> perl bindings have been removed from the core.
>
> I started a new module, gst-bind, which you can check out from CVS.  So
> please do.  It has the initial perl stuff and Wim is going to put his java
> bindings in it as well.
>
> Thomas

Would somebody care to move the lame plugin to a separate module ?
With the module separate, it would be easier for people to provide
source/binary packages of it that would be add-ons to the gstreamer
packages that will (soon ;) show up in the distributions.

And I'm sure that lame packages would show up soon on FTP sites in
patent-free countries.

Or shall we start moving plugins in their own modules. I can think of a
DVD playing module containing ac3dec, mpeg2dec, and dvdsrc plugins.

Comments ?

Cheers