[gst-devel] Componentization

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Wed Aug 15 11:26:31 CEST 2001

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 18:53:04 Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Can you tell me what your ideas are for gathering metadata from streams ?
>
> (Of course the problem is the same with video files, etc. Just talking
> about my personal experience in this case)

I was wondering about this too while researching Kino integration. We need
to deal with metadata in video files. Also, could metadata embedded into a
stream trigger an event in the new event system. For example, a gap in
timecode could trigger a scene change.

Also, Erik's comments about libgstplay being the core, shared component of
various playback components (Bonobo, XPCOM, KPart?) makes sense to me.

+-DRD-+