[gst-devel] autoplug(?) ac3dec/mad bug

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Sat Aug 18 11:32:49 CEST 2001

I was trying to play a vob with cvs code and gstmediaplay.  It decides
to hook up "mad" instead of "ac3dec" for the audio!  This works fine in
0.2.1 so something has changed since then.

wtay, I assume you are the one to fix such things ;)  What's the best
way to try and debug this anyway?  Kind of hard to pick out the
important pieces from the mass of --gst-mask=-1 debug output.

I did find:

DEBUG(32732: 3)gst_autoplug_can_match:154: factory "mpeg2parse" can
connect with factory "ac3dec"
INFO (32732: 3)gst_autoplug_caps_find_cost:286: factory mpeg2parse to
factory ac3dec 1

and similar for mad.  But that makes sense since mpeg2parse can toss out
either format.  So I'm guessing it's detecting it wrong somewhere but I
guess I'm looking in the wrong spot.  It finds the AC3 packets in
parse_pes but not parse_syshead and other earlier called code.

Rather than guess at this for a long while I thought I'd see if someone
else knows where to look.

-dave
--
David I. Lehn <dlehn at vt.edu>  | http://www.lehn.org/~dlehn/