[gst-devel] update gnome-vfs icecast module

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Aug 28 02:44:23 CEST 2001

Hi,

Seems things have changed. gnome-vfs as of a long time ago's CVS handles
icecast nicely. Gnome-vfs-1.0.1 needs a patch that you can find here:
http://hadess.net/files/patches/icecast-gnome-vfs-1.0.1.patch

I just removed the icecast method from the gnome-vfs-extras. vfscat is
still available for testing your streams.
Please do tell me about streams that do not work correctly with the http
method *with the patch applied*

And now it does support authentication, proxies and even ssl (source only).

Let it rip

Cheers

PS: ./vfscat http://205.188.234.34:8004 | madplay - is my current
preferred command-line ;)