[gst-devel] GStreamer 0.3.0 build showstoppers

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Fri Dec 7 01:38:02 CET 2001

> 1. GUI apps are not buildable with libglade 0.17. Thomas Vander Stichele
> is currently working on fixing this, but any help is probably more than
> welcome.

I think I have this one sussed, please test.

> 2. The sdlsink plugin fails. Think this is same problem Wim fixed for
> the silence and openquicktime plugins.
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -O3 -ffast-math -finline-functions
> -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -O2 -march=i386 -mcpu=i686 -c
> sdlvideosink.c -MT libsdlvideosink_la-sdlvideosink.lo -MD -MP -MF
> .deps/libsdlvideosink_la-sdlvideosink.TPlo   -fPIC -DPIC -o
> libsdlvideosink_la-sdlvideosink.lo
> In file included from sdlvideosink.h:24,
>                  from sdlvideosink.c:27:
> ../../gst/gst.h:27:18: glib.h: No such file or directory

Looking into it, feel free to help.

> 3. The rtp plugin seems not to be part of the build system, it does
> build fine however doing a make in the directory. I have also made an
> rpm of the librtp library which can be found at:
> http://gstreamer.net/releases/0.3.0/prereq/

Uraeus: I don't yet know if my avifile RPM works with gstreamer, I'll
check.

Taking a leaf out of Uraeus's book, I uploaded two rpm's to prereq-devel
which you need to develop with gstreamer; one being automake and the other
pkgconfig, both from rawhide.  They work for me.
I intend to keep doing this, for red hat 7.2, just like the other prereq
RPM's.

Thomas

Don't change your name keep it the same for fear I may lose you again
I know you won't it's just that I am unorganized and I want to find you when
Something good happens
<-*- thomas at apestaart.org -*->