[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] CVS: gstplay configure.in,1.3,1.4

Arik Devens adevens at antioch-college.edu
Fri Dec 7 17:01:01 CET 2001

Hey,

because it was causing the following error when building mplib

Making all in mplib
make[2]: Entering directory `/gnome-source/GNOME1/gstplay/mplib'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `@MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE@', needed by `Makefile.in'.  Stop.

if you can figure out why that is and fix it, please send me a patch
and i will turn AM_MAINTAINER_MODE back on :-)

also, on the subject, i'm getting errors of:

gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations
make: *** [gstplay.lo] Error 1

when i try to compile in the gstplay/src dir, if anyone wants to
figure this one out that would be great too :-)

the whole new gstplay build situation is pretty bad (i wrote it :-)
and if someone who actually understands these things wants to send me
a patch to make the build system really work that would be really
really great, especially cause it's a blocker for 0.3.0 if we want to
have the new gstplay in that.

thanks,
arik