[gst-devel] build things

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Mon Dec 10 06:46:03 CET 2001

Hi,

I've been doing some more work :

a) autogen.sh has more output and more uniform handling of auto*
dependencies; do me a favour and test it ;)

b) I'm not sure how to handle sdl checking when sdl isn't installed.  I
had put AM_PATH_SDL in configure.ac but I guess that's silly if you don't
have /usr/share/aclocal/sdl.m4 which you won't have without the devel
packages.  So I added the contents of that to acinclude.m4.  Is that the
right way for now ? I suppose getting SDL pkg-config'd would be the best
option ? Anyway, I have someone testing that now.  I also put in some code
from vlc in configure.ac as a test for that, maybe that's too much ?

c) I'm getting fed up with the docs build.  I put in a particularly stupid
hack in gst/doc/Makefile.am (check cvs commit) which should not be
necessary, but I have a feeling from trying it manually that it's going to
break during the next step.  Can we make a decision on what to do with it
?

Thanks,
Thomas

If you go