[gst-devel] gstreamer tests

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Wed Dec 12 02:47:03 CET 2001

Hi guys,

so I uploaded my 0.3.0 RPMS (which are not official of course yet) to
http://gstreamer.net/releases/0.3.0/redhat/gstreamer

On my laptop, gstmediaplay doesn't play video *at all*.  I suspect this is
because the xvideosink (is that only for Xv ??) doesn't agree with the
framebuffer driver I have ;)

I installed them on my work machine and proceeded to test media from the
site.

A lot of them played, so that's good.
Some didn't, that's bad.
Almost the video I tested played TOO QUICKLY ! Is that possible ? Has the
timecode been messed up somewhere ?
Some of the media makes gstmediaplay segfault too.

Here are more detailed results :

AlienSong.mpg
	audio and video, video too fast (the audio is ok, but the video
	AND the counter move faster - right now the audio is still playing
	while the ball has dropped already ;))
brave_robinsong.wav
	GStreamer-WARNING **: pad parsewav:src tried to set caps
incompatible with its padtemplate
	sounds like wrong samplerate
brown sugar.ogg
	plays ok
CLIP04.VOB, Dolby...vob, douche.*.mov
	assert error, looks due to wtay's recent gstbuffer changes
GStreamer-CRITICAL **: file gstbuffer.c: line 310 (gst_buffer_ref):
assertion `GST_BUFFER_REFCOUNT(buffer) > 0' failed.

everest1.m1v
	plays, don't know if it's too fast, no audio

ganso_terminator.mpg
	works, too fast, no audio

gstreamer-*.mp3
	work

JB_FF9_TheGravityOfLove.mpg
	YES ! perfect playback ! audio and video seem in sync as well !
	I even tried double-size (works), and fullscreen (works, only
	problem is that on a dualhead it exands to two screens, and
	the second screen gets turned off automatically).  Pretty nice for
	a trailer ;) but it is ironic the biggest one is the one to be OK.
	scrolling it makes it crash, of course ;)

Matrix.avi
** WARNING **: avidecoder: could not autoplug

movie3.avi
	works, too fast

PMOTION.FLI
	lots of these error, only kill works

pond*.mpg
	work, too fast

Rendezvous2.au
	plays, it is supposed to sound that bad ???

shihad.mpg
	works, audio and video almost in sync

south.mp3
	plays ok

** CRITICAL **: file gstbasicscheduler.c: line 228
(gst_basic_scheduler_src_wrapper): assertion `GST_RPAD_GETREGIONFUNC
(realpad) != NULL' failed.

thx.mp2
	plays something but doesn't sound right, hangs the player
	with a need for killing

don't work: ars.mod, barrage.vob, Crazy_Comets.sid, douche.3ivx.mov,
everest1.mov, Hawkeye.sid, honolulu.mp3, test.mpg, thx.ac3, thx.vob

Cause baby ooh
if heaven calls I'm coming too
Just like you said
You leave my life I'm better off dead