[gst-devel] plugins

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Sun Dec 23 14:45:02 CET 2001

as you might have seen, plugins have been finally split off from the core.

You'll still suffer some transitional problems, but we'll make it work.

Wim has changed the scheduler a bit (just to make it harder on us all ;) )
so don't expect the player to work right.  Command lines should do fine
though.

If any of the plugins fail with undefined symbols, I want to hear about
it.  It's very likely I might have dropped the ball on some of them,
especially those for which I don't have libs.
Wim is checking if none of the fixes got lost, some might have knowing
that Wim is covering my back ;)

Other than that, give it a proper testing.

Stuff that still needs doing :

a) wtay wants to move all of the libs out of core
b) the httpsrc plugin needs to move out of the core, but I'm not sure I
know how to.  wingo seems to have an idea though ;)
c) lots of tests need to move to gst-plugins
d) let's decide on the gui apps too
e) general testage and fixage

Thomas

Sometimes I wish I was you