[gst-devel] Final contest results!

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Thu Feb 15 08:45:24 CET 2001

Well, after taking the machine apart and putting a really big external fan
in front of it, the UDB finally made its way through the entire alpha-ized
0.1.0 build!  It completed in 18:50.94 for ./configure and 1:21:30 for
make, for a total of 2:40:21.  That means that we have a winner!:

Robert Soros <robert at soros.ath.cx>

The guesses were (in order):

ghaz:		45min		<ghaz at styx.net>
richardb:	1hr		<richard at tartarus.org>
dath:		2hrs 17:47	<dath at mirapoint.com>
robert:		2hrs 33min	<robert at soros.ath.cx>
**UDB BUILD**	2hrs 40:21	     **********
wtay's gf:	3hrs		<um, wim.taymans at chello.be>
taaz:		3hrs 16min	<dlehn at vt.edu>
ajmitch:	3hrs 38min	<ajmitch at ihug.co.nz>
omega:		4hrs		<omega at ridgerun.com>
ChiefHighwater:	4hrs 15min	<paul at temple-baptist.com>
matth:		5hrs 30min	<matth at ridgerun.com>
jdq:		7hrs		<jquanaim at bellatlantic.net>
wtay:		10hrs		<wim.taymans at chello.be>

This means that Robert gets to choose an appropriate t-shirt ("I took the
Red Pill" is suggested <g>) from thinkgeek.com, which will be ordered and
sent post-haste.  I would then like to be able to post a picture of Robert
in his new t-shirt on the gstreamer website, if possible ;-)

From: Robert Soros <robert at soros.ath.cx>
Subject: Re: [gst-devel] Is this for real or am I on Candid Camera ? :)
> Well, if I am I would just like to quickly say , "HEY MOM ! "...
>
> Laugh, Hmm.. Question: Were there any other submissions ? *G* I'm
> honoured by the offer but , sure I'll take the shirt :)
>
> Robert Soros
> robert at soros.ath.cx
> http://soros.ath.cx

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator