[gst-devel] Re: gstreamer: requirements-list?

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Sat Jan 13 22:36:18 CET 2001

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, Andreas Stenglein wrote:

> I want to try out gstreamer, but cant find
> a file which describes which libraries, headers,etc.
> ich which versions I need.
That was an oversight in the build process.  You can find the needed file
at http://gstreamer.net/gstreamer-0.1.0/REQUIREMENTS.  I guarantee it'll
be in the next tarball ;-)

> I tried to "make" it with my partially updated suse 6.4,
> but there seems to be an error with libglade, or libxml,
> because the gstmediaplayer doesnt show menus, etc.
> and doesnt play files.
> the /examples/helloworld plays music!
> the /examples/autoxxx ?? plays mpg
>
> so what do I need?
I'm using Helix GNOME for RedHat 7.0, it has all I need.  The versions
I've got are:

[omega at sonic gst]$ xml-config --version
1.8.10
[omega at sonic gst]$ gnome-config --version
gnome-libs 1.2.8
[omega at sonic gst]$ libglade-config --version
libglade 0.14

If you're still having problems, send me the relevant section of the
configure output, as well as config.log.

TTYL,
    Omega

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __