[gst-devel] link problem?

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Mon Jul 23 21:08:43 CEST 2001

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

> Here are the versions i'm using:
>
>  pkgconfig-0.7.0.tar.gz
>  freetype-2.0.2.tar.bz2
>  gtk+-all-1.3.6.tar.gz
>  gstreamer-0.2.1.tar.bz2

The problem is that while we do use glib-2.0 and gobject-2.0, we have not
ported nor do we have shims to use gtk-2.0.  I also have never tried to
link against gtk-2.0, so there are likely some minor issues left over as
far as what gst_init() actually does, and whether some of that is being
done wrong in the case of gtk_init() already having been called.  I'll
look into that sometime soon.

In the meantime, if you can link against gtk-1.2, I'd suggesting doing so.

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_