[gst-devel] [ gstreamer-Bugs-429399 ] 0.2.0: fix fullscreen or disable

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Fri Jun 1 21:56:39 CEST 2001

On 1 Jun 2001, Ronald Bultje wrote:

> If you want, Xavier Biquard is writing a YUV scaler for us (mjpegtools),
> it can currently do downscaling very well and he's working on good
> upscaling now.
> It does any size to any size scaling. If that works I can port that to
> gstreamer.

It works in the YUV domain?  That could be very useful, though it could be
pretty hard to do fast.  I'm going to look into creating a YUV->RGB
colorspace converter with builtin 2x scaler, at least.

Does he use MMX?  If not, I'm willing to help make it mmx, or aid in
optimizing what's there (I've done a *lot* of that).  It would also be
good to consider putting something like this into libcodec, or some
variant thereof (I'd like to have several such libraries, once I figure
out how to split the specialization infrastructure out), since it's
something that is going to need to a) be really fast, and b) be really
fast on many architectures.  More at codecs.org.

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_