[gst-devel] rpm build problems

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Tue Jun 5 09:40:31 CEST 2001

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Ronald Bultje wrote:

> But since it only makes the compile-lines a bit longer and since this won't
> affect the resulting binaries, it's not that bad - just leave it that way,
> that's just the way it is.

I'm not convinced that libtool deals with them intelligently.  Has someone
timed the difference between a libtool compile with and without the
massive redundancies?  Would a patch to libtool be in order, so it can
cull the duplicated arguments before doing all the expansion of reading
the .la's and all that stuff?

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_