[gst-devel] GObject porting & gtk+-1.2 shim

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Wed Jun 20 01:26:44 CEST 2001

I've been porting GStreamer (gstreamer.net) to GObject over the last week
and a half, and have come up with some pretty interesting stuff I think:

1) A script that does the bulk of the conversion from GtkObject to
GObject, at least for the way GStreamer is coded (very similarly to Gtk+).

2) gobject2gtk.[ch], capable of shimming the GObject-based GStreamer back
to compile on top of glib-1.2 and gtk+-1.2.  Everything is done via the
preprocessor and some helper functions.  It probably can't do everything
gtkobject can do, and certainly doesn't try to shim newer GObject features
back, but it's sufficient for GStreamer at the moment.

I'm going to build a webpage for this shortly, I'll post the URL of it
when it's got something on it.

TTYL,
    Omega

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator