[gst-devel] c++ patch

Tim 'Tool-Man' Taylor tim at tool-man.org
Fri Mar 9 04:07:32 CET 2001

Brent Bradburn wrote:
 > Tim,
 >
 > You error would seem to be consistent with using a version of
 > gstcaps prior to 1.18. Perhaps you have multiple versions existing
 > on your system.  My first guess would be that you have an installed
 >  copy (probably in /usr/local/include/gst/) which is different from
 >  the version that you just got from CVS.

*ding ding ding*
we have a winner

I have this setup:

/opt/gstreamer-cvs            # autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gstreamer-cvs
/opt/gstreamer-cvs/gstreamer  # CVS repository

So the problem was that I forgot to run 'make install' after updating
and rebuilding.  With the proper versions installed in the proper
places, everything now compiles fine in both gcc 2.91 and 3.0.  I
suppose I should just point my include and lib dirs at my CVS workspace
instead of the install dir so I don't have this problem.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Taylor