[gst-devel] Automated documentation build failed

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Tue Mar 27 18:13:34 CEST 2001

Sorry about the couple of recent emails which weren't quite correct.  I've
fixed a small problem with the script: any mails it sends in future should
be more informative.

These emails are generated by a nightly script I've set up to build
documentation snapshots and publish them on the website.  The script will
operate silently if it works correctly, but send an email to the list if
the documentation fails to build, or if parts of the documentation need
updating, explaining what went wrong.  That's the theory, anyway, and it
should keep the documentation up to date more reliably.

Last nights failure, and the previous failures, were due to a genuine
problem with the documentation (not just with my script).  It looks like
some recent changes have removed some symbols which gstreamer-scan is
trying to link against.  I havn't time to find out what the actual problem
is right now, so I'll leave it to someone else.

The script will keep nagging each night until the documentation builds for
a fresh checkout of the code from HEAD, or until I get asked to turn it
off.  It may be a good idea to make a new mailing list for mailings of this
nature: I'll leave that up to the project admin(s).

--
Richard