[gst-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Toward a modularization of audio component

Paul Davis pbd at Op.Net
Fri May 4 02:34:35 CEST 2001

>This is exactly what GStreamer has done.  It's a component system that
>allows you to connect arbitrary sets of filters into arbitrary graphs.

some people have observed to me that GStreamer is strong on the
component model, graphing, and avoiding jitter at the end of the
stream, but weak on latency characteristics.

imagine: an audio interface is asking you to supply 64 frames of audio
data at a time, generated/mutated/processed on demand. you've got
1.3ms (best case) in which to do it, maybe just half that.

how do you plead?

--p