[gst-devel] wiki comment

Tim 'Tool-Man' Taylor tim at tool-man.org
Fri May 4 22:09:10 CEST 2001

Sorry for the late reply, and I'm too lazy to go check if the change was
implemented, but the background coloring you are witnessing is a NS4.x
CSS bug specifically with PRE.  It's possible to get it working in
Netscape 4.x with some CSS workarounds.  By now, you should be having a
feeling of deja vu :)

That said, it's probably easier to wrap it in a table.  A slightly more
semantic solution would be to try wrapping the PRE in a DIV, i.e.:

Apply the background color CSS to the DIV.  I think that may work.  Then
again, a table background color will definately work, but I'm one of
those "tables aren't for layout" kinda guys so I had to point out the
other solutions.  Also, as Internet Explorer assimilates the Windows
front and Mozilla becomes increasingly stable I'm becoming of the mind
that NS4.x should be lumped in with IE3 and have CSS hidden from it
entirely.  But now, I'm getting offtopic :)