[gst-devel] GStreamer 0.2.0 roadmap/tasklist

Thomas Nyberg thomas at codefactory.se
Tue May 8 00:01:21 CEST 2001

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 09:10:40PM +0200, Wim Taymans wrote:
> On 07 May 2001 20:19:33 +0200, Christian Schaller wrote:
> ALSA
>   unknown

Since there was some changes in the caps and that the AudioMeta-stuff
disapperad, the ALSA was broken. However, I have submitted a patch
for this(haven't seen it in the cvs-tree though). It was based on gstoss*,
so I hope the capsnego is ok... I haven't tested it much since the
patch, has anyone tested this element?(besides me, that is)

Unfortunately, it only supports ALSA 0.5.x as of yet, they changed the
API for 0.9.x(which for some strange reason is included in the unstable
branch of DEBIAN), and there is no documentation availible. I hope that
I will have the time to learn the API from there code and fix this, but
I can't really say when :( School sucks!

/Thomas <thomas at codefactory.se>

Thomas Nyberg                    thomas.nyberg at codefactory.se
CodeFactory AB                   http://www.codefactory.se/
Office: +46 (0)90 71 86 10       Cell: +46 (0)70 335 61 64