[gst-devel] Daily IRC logs

wim.taymans at chello.be wim.taymans at chello.be
Wed May 9 06:28:08 CEST 2001

[06:31] Action: omega_ just registered for the beta
[06:31] Action: ajmitch just got back
[06:38] Action: omega_ drools over the PowerBook G4
[06:39] Action: ajmitch hits omega_ & tells him to share
[06:39] Action: taaz drools over the Nikon CoolPix 995
[06:39] <omega_> 995?
[06:39] <omega_> finally put in a CF Type II slot??
[06:40] <omega_> ooooh
[06:41] <taaz> yup.  reviews say microdrives work but official docs say they arnt supported
[06:41] <omega_> uh
[06:41] <omega_> what on earth is the point of a type II slot if it doesn't take microdrives???
[06:41] <taaz> something about worries over heat and power usage
[06:41] <omega_> you can get 256MB Type 1 cards already
[06:41] <omega_> ah, right
[06:42] <omega_> um, if it works in other cameras, there's no reason it can't work in the 995
[06:42] Action: omega_ has a 950
[06:47] <walken> wtf are you talking about :)
[06:47] <walken> hmmm
[06:47] <walken> do you have a small lightweight secure http server to recommand ?
[06:47] <taaz> digital cameras
[06:48] <taaz> yes, apache ;)
[06:48] <walken> I'd like to have cgi-bins accessible from localhost but not from somewhere else
[06:48] <walken> hmmm - not the answer I was looking for :)
[06:48] <omega_> thttpd do cgi?
[06:48] <walken> thttpd does cgi. just tried it.
[06:49] <omega_> so are you still hunting for recommendations?
[06:49] <walken> but I couldnt tell it to not allow cgi-bin from the outside
[06:49] <omega_> tcp_wrappers or iptables
[06:49] <walken> except by telling it to bind to port 80 which is a bit too restrictive
[06:49] <walken> err to localhost I meant
[06:50] <walken> with boa I had the same problem
[06:52] <omega_> can't you just bind it to your internal ethN ?
[06:52] <walken> well
[06:52] <walken> I want some stuff to be visible from the outside
[06:52] <omega_> erm
[06:52] <omega_> apache
[06:52] <walken> just not the same as from the inside
[06:52] <walken> hmmm
[06:53] <walken> I guess I'm gonna go for two instances of boa binded to different ip's
[06:53] <walken> and thats it
[06:53] <omega_> doh
[06:58] <taaz> walken: arnt you supposed to be fixing a mpeg2dec bug for that stream right now? ;) 
[06:59] <walken> no
[06:59] <walken> only to check in the fix :)
[06:59] <taaz> ah... even better
[06:59] <taaz> what was the bug?
[06:59] <walken> hmmm
[07:00] <walken> streams that use macroblock stuffing
[07:00] <walken> I didnt support that properly
[07:00] <walken> I only supported it when it was followed by skipped macroblocks
[07:00] <walken> if not then I was aborting the slice
[07:08] Nick change: ajmitch -> aj_food
[07:37] Nick change: aj_food -> ajmitch
[09:11] Nick change: taaz -> taazzzz
[09:57] Action: omega_ goes to sleep
[09:57] omega_ (omega at omegacs.net) left irc: [x]chat
[10:26] taazzzz (dlehn at left irc: Ping timeout for taazzzz[]
[10:26] taazzzz (dlehn at joined #gstreamer.
[10:30] Nick change: maYam_away -> maYam
[11:53] walken (foobar at c1583255-a.smateo1.sfba.home.com) left irc: dodo
[12:41] Nick change: maYam -> maYam_busy
[15:21] Nick change: ajmitch -> ajzzzz
[15:34] Nick change: matth-distracted -> matth-yawning
[15:49] Nick change: matth-yawning -> matth_
[17:01] thomas (thomas at joined #gstreamer.
[17:25] <matth_> thomas: howdy.  not much happening here (at the moment).
[17:29] steveb (steveb at node1ee07.a2000.nl) joined #gstreamer.
[17:30] thomas (thomas at left irc: Ping timeout for thomas[]
[17:36] thomas (thomas at joined #gstreamer.
[17:40] thomas (thomas at left irc: Ping timeout for thomas[]
[18:12] matth_ (matth at qwest.dsplinux.net) left irc: Ping timeout for matth_[qwest.dsplinux.net]
[18:37] Nick change: taazzzz -> taaz
[19:14] hadess (hadess at pc121-gui14.cable.ntl.com) joined #gstreamer.
[19:56] ChiefHighwater (paul at temple-baptist.com) joined #gstreamer.
[19:56] <hadess> could it be that somebody is alive ?
[19:56] <hadess> heya ChiefHighwater
[19:59] <ChiefHighwater> ello 8-]
[20:17] _gst_newt_ joined #gstreamer.
[20:18] maYam_busy (mayam at cable-195-162-214-190.upc.chello.be) joined #gstreamer.
[20:20] matth_ (matth at qwest.dsplinux.net) joined #gstreamer.
[20:27] steveb (steveb at left irc: Ping timeout for steveb[]
[20:35] Apoc (epok at ppp-122.dialup-187.worldonline.fr) joined #gstreamer.
[20:40] steveb (steveb at node1ee07.a2000.nl) joined #gstreamer.
[20:46] <ChiefHighwater> Ello  8-]
[20:46] <Apoc> Hello
[20:47] <hadess> heya
[20:48] <Apoc> Did somebody used the cdparanoia plugin with gstreamer
[20:49] <ChiefHighwater> wtay-sleeping reported:
[20:50] <ChiefHighwater> cdparanoia: cdparanoia: CD Audio (cdda) Source, Paranoia IV
[20:50] <ChiefHighwater>   Works pretty well. Has suffered bitrot (no updated audio caps)
[20:51] <hadess> Apoc: did, and worked
[20:52] <Apoc> Why is the end_track properties read only ?
[20:53] <hadess> hmm, dunno, that's a long time i've played with it
[20:54] <hadess> because that's the last track of the CD =)
[20:58] <Apoc> How can I select just one track of the cd ?? with sectors properties ??
[21:00] omega_ (omega at omegacs.net) joined #gstreamer.
[21:02] <steveb> morning
[21:02] Nick change: wtay-sleeping -> wtay
[21:02] <omega_> good morning ;-)
[21:03] <wtay> yo
[21:03] Action: wtay has made a lavsink
[21:04] Nick change: omega_ -> omega_breakfast
[21:18] <hadess> wtay: can you answer Apoc's question ?
[21:18] <hadess> wtay: btw, hello =)
[21:21] <wtay> hmm, I dunno, omega_breakfast wrote it :-)
[21:22] <hadess> Apoc: poke omega_breakfast, he'll answer you
[21:22] <wtay> ./gstreamer-launch disksrc location=/opt/data/pond.dv bytesperread=480 ! dvdec ! colorspace ! videoscale width=352 height=224 ! lavencode ! fdsink | /opt/src/sourceforge/mjpeg_play/mpeg2enc/mpeg2enc -o /opt/data/pond.mpg
[21:25] <Apoc> Hello omega ..
[21:26] <Apoc> How can I select just one track of a cd with cdparanoia plugin ??
[21:26] <hadess> wtay: and that worked ?
[21:27] <wtay> hadess: yup :)
[21:27] <hadess> wtay: wicked !
[21:27] <wtay> hadess: I have pond.dv in mpeg1 now..
[21:27] <hadess> wtay: the only thing missing is the mpeg2enc gstreamer plugin...
[21:27] <wtay> hadess: yup :(
[21:28] <omega_breakfast> Apoc: without EOS, you can't select just one track, it'll play the whole CD right now
[21:28] Nick change: omega_breakfast -> omega_
[21:31] <wtay> Apoc: doesn't start_track work?
[21:31] <Apoc> omega : How to do that with EOF ??
[21:32] <Apoc> wtay : start_track work and end_track is read only
[21:32] <wtay> Apoc: make it READWRITE then?
[21:32] <omega_> hrm, I'll make it writable, or other vars that are
[21:33] <omega_> and I'll set it up to fire a signal after the last buffer of each track
[21:35] <Apoc> omega : Will it work if I make the end_track properties writable in my gstreamer source
[21:36] <omega_> ah, in cdparanoia you mean?
[21:36] <Apoc> omega : yes 
[21:36] <omega_> not unless there's code to support them
[21:36] <omega_> lemme take a look
[21:37] <omega_> end_track isn't much use until the event system is built
[21:37] <omega_> a signal is a much better way to do it right now
[21:39] <omega_> hrm, we need to figure out how we're going to export track information from cdparanoia
[21:39] <omega_> mabye an arg for each track for each of offset,length ?
[21:40] <wtay> sounds reasonable
[21:42] <Apoc> with sector properties ??
[21:42] <omega_> yeah
[21:43] <omega_> the trick is a) when to ask the drive for this information, and b) when to ask it again
[21:43] <wtay> you can't add an args at runtime AFAIK
[21:43] <omega_> yes you can
[21:43] <omega_> you can't add *signals* at runtime
[21:43] <omega_> actually, you could, but I wouldn't tempt it
[21:44] <wtay> those are tied to the class instance, no?
[21:44] <omega_> yes
[21:44] <omega_> hmm, ick
[21:45] <omega_> ok, you're right, it's per class
[21:45] <omega_> but at least in this case, that's not a significant problem, since they have the same name no matter what
[21:45] <omega_> trackN_offset
[21:45] <omega_> trackN_len_sectors
[21:45] <omega_> trackN_len_seconds
[21:45] <omega_> could just build all 99 track arg sets up front <g>
[21:46] <wtay> ut then you'll have to create N args (with N fixed)
[21:46] <wtay> only 99 possible
[21:46] <omega_> are you sure you can't add args later?
[21:46] <wtay> ?
[21:46] <omega_> yes
[21:46] <wtay> pretty sure
[21:46] <omega_> 100% positive
[21:46] <wtay> it's tied to the class and hence global
[21:46] <omega_> indexes are another problem
[21:46] <omega_> afaict the kernel TOC interface doesn't do indexes very well, if at all
[21:46] <wtay> well you can add an arg but its for *all* instances of cdparanoia
[21:47] <omega_> yes
[21:47] <omega_> and just ignore them if they're not relevant to a given instance
[21:47] <wtay> oh boy... pond.dv looks awfull with mpeg2enc (CVS version)
[21:47] <omega_> what bitrate?
[21:47] <wtay> VCD 
[21:48] <omega_> hmm
[21:48] <wtay> 32 radius, no subsampling, highest quality.. looks like crap
[21:49] <wtay> I'll upload it to gst.net/media
[21:49] <omega_> ok
[21:49] <omega_> pond-mpeg2enc.mpg
[21:52] <wtay> 4.3MB uploading...
[21:56] <Apoc> omega, wtay : thanks for the help ...
[21:56] <omega_> Apoc: what're you building?
[21:59] <Apoc> I heard from gstreamer ... I've read the doc ... Great Job ... really ...
[22:00] <omega_> ;-)
[22:00] <Apoc> I just try to use gstreamer ... a little application to cd->mp3
[22:01] <omega_> yeah conversion is easy, if you do it in bulk (cd at a time ;-)
[22:01] <wtay> Apoc: I should fix the caps of cdparanoia for that to work..
[22:01] <omega_> but getting the cdparanoia src up to speed is now on the list of thigs to do <g>
[22:01] <omega_> speaking of which, we still don't have a good TODO system. GNOME just reintroduced one yesterday, maybe we can steal it?
[22:01] <wtay> pond.mpg on gst.net... for you all to puke over..
[22:02] <omega_> overwrite of prev pond.mpg?
[22:02] <wtay> pond-mpeg2enc.mpg sorry
[22:02] <wtay> was there a pond.mpg?
[22:02] <omega_> yeah, a better one
[22:02] <omega_> well, maybe better
[22:02] <omega_> you did that one the day after dvdec worked
[22:03] <Apoc> wtay : yes thank you ...
[22:03] <wtay> hmm, that with an old version of mpeg2dec
[22:03] <omega_> decc?
[22:03] <wtay> enc.. oops
[22:04] <omega_> hrm, yeah, the old one looks less annoying, if not as clean
[22:04] <omega_> though the older one is bigger (5.2MB)
[22:05] <wtay> I did this one with cubic interpollation
[22:05] <wtay> for the scaler.. I think the other one was with point sampling
[22:05] <omega_> ah
[22:05] Action: wtay is doing one with point sampling now
[22:06] <wtay> omega_: do you have access to a professional mpeg encoder at OGI? to compare..
[22:07] <omega_> yeah, I can ask krasic to code one up
[22:07] <omega_> keep the VCD rate?
[22:07] <wtay> code one up?
[22:07] <omega_> what size?
[22:07] <omega_> er, transcode one up
[22:07] <wtay> 352x224
[22:07] <wtay> 30fps
[22:08] <omega_> what video bitrate? since we're not doing audio here..
[22:08] <Apoc> all: Bye ...
[22:08] <omega_> Apoc: l8r
[22:08] <wtay> cya
[22:08] <omega_> or do we want a 1.5Mbps VCD with 128Mbps audio, as a reference?
[22:08] <wtay> 1150 or something
[22:08] Apoc (epok at ppp-122.dialup-187.worldonline.fr) left #gstreamer.
[22:09] <wtay> omega_: yeah
[22:09] <omega_> hrm, vcd is 1411200bps
[22:09] <omega_> which means the video should be 1283200bps
[22:09] <wtay> 1152kBit/sec. 
[22:09] <wtay> + system overhead
[22:10] <wtay> audio usually is 384kbps
[22:10] <omega_> uh?
[22:10] <omega_> on a DVD maybe
[22:10] <wtay> not?
[22:10] <omega_> highest I've ever heard of on a VCD is 192
[22:10] <wtay> hmm, could be
[22:10] <omega_> I'd use 128 for reference
[22:11] <wtay> it's layer <=2 though so it's not layer 3 quality
[22:11] <omega_> oh?
[22:11] <wtay> mpeg1 can't have layer3
[22:11] <wtay> AFAIK
[22:11] <omega_> yes it can
[22:11] <omega_> layer3 is mpeg1
[22:11] <wtay> but it won't play on regular HW
[22:12] <wtay> M$ media player doesn't do mp3
[22:12] <omega_> huh???
[22:12] <wtay> in mpeg1 it doesn't, I tried it
[22:12] <omega_> um
[22:12] <omega_> ick, it seems you're right
[22:12] <omega_> bleagh
[22:13] <wtay> that's why lame can't be used
[22:13] <omega_> nothing stopping us from doing it, but if we're gonna match spec....
[22:13] <omega_> 192 then?
[22:13] <wtay> and all mpeg encoder projects either use the iso code 
[22:13] <wtay> yeah
[22:18] <omega_> ok, request sent
[22:18] <wtay> does he have to press a button or code an app to transcode it? <g>
[22:19] <omega_> press some buttons
[22:19] <omega_> windoze
[22:19] <wtay> oh
[22:19] <omega_> ligos encoder
[22:19] <wtay> best in town?
[22:19] <omega_> supposedly
[22:19] <omega_> as of a year or two ago
[22:20] <wtay> cool
[22:20] <omega_> no idea what's come up since then, though there are some free (no code) ones that are supposedly the best
[22:20] <wtay> the panasonic one is very widly used
[22:20] <omega_> yup
[22:26] <omega_> so, couple of issues:
[22:27] <omega_> when doing proxy caps nego, no signals were fired.  I fixed this
[22:27] <omega_> but the signal is only firing for the srcpad and it's immediate sink pad
[22:27] <omega_> if the sink pad is a queue, it should proxy, and I should see 4 signals
[22:27] <wtay> did you need that?
[22:27] <omega_> yes, for the autoplugger bin
[22:28] <wtay> to detect caps nego failure?
[22:28] <omega_> no, to detect whether caps are set or not
[22:28] <omega_> the autoplugger will internally use a typefind iff the caps aren't set already
[22:28] <wtay> hum...
[22:30] <wtay> caps nego should be revised, I think math was going to help a bit
[22:30] <omega_> ok, does he understand it more than I do? ;-)
[22:30] <wtay> typefind won't work... how are you going to find out that the bytes are audio stereo etc?
[22:30] <omega_> hhu?
[22:31] <omega_> the assumption is that we're talking about some coded media type here
[22:31] <omega_> or the caps are already set
[22:31] <omega_> but I've determined that the proxy stuff isn't an issue for hte autoplugger anyway, but it's still a potential problem for others
[22:32] <omega_> I can't tell if the *real* sink ever gets its official caps set
[22:32] <wtay> omega_: dunno
[22:32] <wtay> interested in the lavencoder?
[22:32] <omega_> not right now, other worries ;-)
[22:33] <wtay> omega_: there should be a signal caps_set I think..
[22:33] steveb (steveb at node1ee07.a2000.nl) left irc: Read error to steveb[node1ee07.a2000.nl]: Connection reset by peer
[22:33] <omega_> caps_changed
[22:33] <wtay> caps_changed actually
[22:33] <omega_> lemme commit that change
[22:33] <wtay> but not for failure...
[22:51] Action: taaz looks in
[22:52] Nick change: ajzzzz -> ajmitch
[22:55] <wtay> hi
[22:55] <ajmitch> hi
[22:55] <omega_> yo
[22:55] <taaz> hey
[22:55] <ajmitch> ran out of time yesterday to look at plugins :(
[22:56] hadess (hadess at pc121-gui14.cable.ntl.com) left irc: gotta run
[22:58] <wtay> oohh, a libc update ...
[22:58] <ajmitch> hehe
[22:58] Action: omega_ runs for his life
[22:58] <ajmitch> 2.2.3?
[22:58] <wtay> yeah
[22:58] <wtay> apt-getting it now
[22:58] <ajmitch> what sort of stuff does gstreamer depend on for compiling?
[22:58] <omega_> from tarball or cvs?
[22:58] <ajmitch> i want to try and compile it on GNU/Hurd....
[22:59] <wtay> gdb5.0 too.. hope this one does threads..
[22:59] <ajmitch> cvs
[22:59] <wtay> ajmitch: libc, gtk, gcc, libxml...
[23:00] <wtay> ajmitch: and if you want plugins you'll need a lot more
[23:00] <ajmitch> hmm, i hope i can get all those libs
[23:00] <ajmitch> doh ;)
[23:00] Action: ajmitch checks gstreamer out now...
[23:01] <wtay> oh and glib of course
[23:01] <wtay> you'll need some threading stuff too with p_threads
[23:01] <ajmitch> yeah, not sure how well supported that is
[23:02] <wtay> hmm, another XFree version.. I didn't even restart X for the previous update..
[23:02] <ajmitch> hehe, same ;)
[23:03] <wtay> an unstable/main guy too? <g>
[23:03] <ajmitch> yup ;)
[23:03] <wtay> you gotta love gstreamer :)
[23:03] Nick change: maYam_busy -> maYam
[23:03] <ajmitch> hehe
[23:03] <wtay> yo
[23:03] <ajmitch> hi maYam
[23:03] <maYam> hey wtayke
[23:04] <maYam> hi ajmitch
[23:04] <wtay> maYam: business is done? <g>
[23:04] Action: maYam yawns..  boo-hoo i'm so tired
[23:05] <maYam> and wtay, when will gstreamer finally be ready?  hmmm...?
[23:06] <wtay> maYam: soon, soon... heh, ask omega!
[23:06] Action: omega_ hides
[23:06] <maYam> heehee
[23:06] <wtay> maYam: tried to get it to run already?
[23:06] <ajmitch> omega_ is working 24/7 to get it done
[23:06] <ajmitch> aren't you? ;)
[23:07] <omega_> um, yeah, that's right.  sleep? what sleep?
[23:07] <maYam> wtay:  i just deliver, getting it to run is not my prob ;)
[23:08] <wtay> maYam: hum...
[23:09] <maYam> i saw someone on tv who only needed 2 hours of sleep every night..
[23:09] <maYam> wouldn't that be great?
[23:09] <wtay> maYam: with only 2 brain cells alive I assume :-)
[23:09] <maYam> ofcourse he had braincancer.. 
[23:09] <omega_> doh
[23:09] <maYam> lol wtay: it was me!
[23:10] <wtay> maYam: eh? the 2 cells you mean, right?
[23:10] <maYam> what?  who're you talking to?
[23:11] <wtay> maYam: fill in the blanks for me: "1 2 3 ?"
[23:11] <maYam>  
[23:11] <wtay> right... :)
[23:12] <wtay>  
[23:15] <wtay> time for a reboot...
[23:16] wtay (wim at cable-195-162-214-190.upc.chello.be) left #gstreamer (reboot into new glibc).
[23:16] <ajmitch> reboot?
[23:18] _gst_newt_ joined #gstreamer.
[23:19] wtay (wim at cable-195-162-214-190.upc.chello.be) joined #gstreamer.
[23:20] <wtay> great.. galeon crashes on me :(
[23:20] Action: wtay hates C++
[23:22] arik (arik at adsl-64-174-42-2.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net) joined #gstreamer.
[23:23] Action: wtay has hacked CVS mozilla in galeon...
[23:25] <ajmitch> hehe
[23:25] <ajmitch> wtay: why reboot, btw? ;)
[23:26] <wtay> ajmitch: for libc?
[23:26] <wtay> ajmitch: most apps still mmap the old one...
[23:28] <ajmitch> probably no big differences between 2.2.2 & 2.2.3
[23:30] <wtay> not really, no..
[23:35] Nick change: ajmitch -> aj_uni
[23:50] <omega_> wtay: I'm gonna write up my design ideas for the actual autoplugger, there are still some issues to work through
[23:50] <wtay> omega_: cool
[23:50] <omega_> the autoplugger is the msot significant test of the infrastructure we'll ever have ;-)
[23:50] <wtay> true
[23:50] <wtay> although a dynamic one is not easy
[23:50] <omega_> exactly
[23:51] Nick change: maYam -> maYam_sleep
[23:51] <maYam_sleep> night night everyone
[23:51] <omega_> l8r
[23:51] <maYam_sleep> hint hint, wtay
[23:51] <wtay> maYam_sleep: just a sec...
[23:51] <maYam_sleep> heheh ;)
[23:51] <wtay> omega_: I'm going to start on the object destruction tomorrow
[23:51] <omega_> cool
[23:52] <omega_> does autoplug work right now?
[23:52] <wtay> shouldn't be too hard, it just needs to be implemented
[23:52] <wtay> omega_: er? as in gstplay?
[23:52] <omega_> cause that's a requirement for 0.2.0, of course
[23:53] <omega_> I'm thinking that incsched should just be merged, then we can branch off and start on the gobjectification
[23:53] <omega_> and work on the release on HEAD
[23:53] <wtay> omega_: last time I tried, it failed.. but that was with the two threaded setup
[23:53] <wtay> omega_: nope, still hangs..
[23:54] <wtay> DEBUG( 3544: 1)gst_pad_pull:1398: (mpeg1parse:sink): entering
[23:54] <wtay> DEBUG( 3544: 1)gst_pad_pull:1402: calling pullfunc gst_queue_get of peer pad queue:src
[23:54] <omega_> ok.  should I merge in incsched anyway?
[23:54] <wtay> HEAD in incsched you mean?
[23:54] <omega_> yeah
[23:54] <wtay> sure
[23:54] <arik> i'll have my first gstplay patch today
[23:54] <omega_> ok, I'll do that
[23:54] <omega_> arik: cool
[23:54] <wtay> nice
[23:55] <wtay> omega_: mixer also hangs with the WITH_BUG flags..
[23:55] <omega_> yeah
[23:55] <wtay> any ideas what that might be?
[23:55] <omega_> still not sure
[23:55] <wtay> ok
[23:56] <wtay> omega_: I could change gstplay so that it also uses the autoplugcache, It'll work then
[23:56] <omega_> hmm, ok
[23:56] <omega_> sounds like a plan
[23:57] <wtay> we still have the bug in mixer.c so we don't lose our test case :)
[23:57] <omega_> yeah
[23:58] <wtay> ok, that's the plan I'll try to get gstplay working ASAP and then we merge with HEAD
[23:58] <omega_> yup
[23:58] <wtay> if we find the remaining bugs, that would be a bonus
[23:58] <omega_> yup
[23:59] <wtay> ASAP == tomorrow, because I'm going to sleep now.. :^!
[23:59] <omega_> heh, l8r
[23:59] <wtay> cya all
[23:59] Nick change: wtay -> wtay-zZz
[00:00] --- Wed May  9 2001
[00:12] aj_uni (ajmitch at p33-max10.dun.ihug.co.nz) left irc: Ping timeout for aj_uni[p33-max10.dun.ihug.co.nz]
[00:12] <arik> hrm
[00:12] <arik> why is unparenting something making it not a widget?
[00:12] <arik> weird stuff
[00:12] <omega_> huh?
[00:13] <arik> oh, i'm working on viewing stuff full screen
[00:13] <arik> so i need to move the socket from the player to a full-screen window
[00:13] <arik> but i haven't gotten it working right yet
[00:14] <omega_> hmm, never done that kind of stuff
[00:14] <arik> yeah me neither, should be fine, just need to go read some docs
[00:17] <taaz> as long as your working on that stuff... it would be nice to get back the videosink funcationality of preserving the aspect ration when resizing
[00:17] <omega_> hmm
[00:17] <taaz> should probably have something to set and lock aspect ratio too
[00:17] <omega_> yeah
[00:18] <taaz> that neat feature went away from videosink -> xvideosink
[00:18] arik (arik at adsl-64-174-42-2.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net) left irc: Ping timeout for arik[adsl-64-174-42-2.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net]
[00:32] aj_uni (ajmitch at p22-max2.dun.ihug.co.nz) joined #gstreamer.
[00:33] <taaz> hmm... would it make sense to add something like GST_ARCH_FLAGS that gets -march= in configure.in and use that all over?  i was noticing many -m486 flags but that's not really what i want to use.
[00:33] <omega_> we have something like that, I think
[00:34] <taaz> oh?  i see no -march=pentiumpro (or i686)
[00:35] <taaz> maybe more appropriate is just a global var for all optimization stuff, like -fomit-frame-pointer, -O#, -march, etc.
[00:36] Action: taaz is just trying to squeeze out a few more cycles ;)
[00:43] Uraeus (cschalle at c224s9h5.upc.chello.no) joined #gstreamer.
[00:43] <Uraeus> howdy
[00:47] Uraeus (cschalle at c224s9h5.upc.chello.no) left irc: syntax error - user imploded
[01:03] arik (arik at adsl-64-174-42-2.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net) joined #gstreamer.
[01:03] <arik> ok
[01:03] <arik> well i have full screen play working
[01:03] <arik> just not restore to non full screen
[01:04] arik_ (arik at adsl-64-174-42-2.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net) joined #gstreamer.
[01:05] arik_ (arik at adsl-64-174-42-2.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net) left #gstreamer.
[01:09] <ChiefHighwater> omega_:ping 8-]
[01:16] <omega_> arik: yeah?
[01:16] <arik> omega_: so gstplay is gonna work again soon?
[01:16] <arik> omega_: yep
[01:16] <omega_> we hope
[01:16] <arik> yeah but i am not doing it as cleanly as i should
[01:36] ChiefHighwater (paul at temple-baptist.com) left irc: 
[02:02] <taaz> ohh... ladspa now lgpl... gst plugin is probably legal now ;)
[02:02] <omega_> heh
[02:04] <taaz> uh... is that yuv2yuv.c in plugins/filters/colorspace/Makefile.am a typo? 
[02:04] <omega_> I doubt it
[02:05] <omega_> uh, where?
[02:05] <taaz> in head
[02:05] <omega_> uh
[02:05] <omega_> what line?
[02:06] <omega_> hrm, ok, updated and I see it
[02:06] <omega_> ah, it would appear to be a valid file that someone didn't cvs add
[02:06] <taaz> its not suppsed to be yuv2rgb.c?
[02:06] <omega_> nope
[02:07] <taaz> ok... so why is the yuv2rgb.c file there? and why would anyone want to convert from yuv to yuv... isnt that silly?
[02:07] Action: taaz is confused now...
[02:07] <omega_> no.  if the decoder outputs one variant of yuv, and the video card can only take another variant....
[02:10] <taaz> ok... so i suppose this will stay broke until wtay wakes up and reads the autobuilder fail log ;)
[02:10] <omega_> yeah
[02:11] <taaz> yippie for cvs... easy to fix ;)
[03:50] _gst_newt_ joined #gstreamer.
[04:06] wtay-zZz (wim at cable-195-162-214-190.upc.chello.be) left irc: Ping timeout for wtay-zZz[cable-195-162-214-190.upc.chello.be]
[04:06] wtay-zZz (wim at cable-195-162-214-190.upc.chello.be) joined #gstreamer.
[04:32] <taaz> how do i make fakesink silent with -launch?  ... fakesink silent=1?
[04:36] silas (silas at rtay-104-237.resnet.ohio-state.edu) joined #gstreamer.
[04:41] <silas> Where does one get the DVD css code?
[04:41] <silas> To satisfy the configure script that is./
[05:57] arik (arik at adsl-64-174-42-2.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net) left irc: leaving
[06:13] <taaz> anyone awake?

More information about the gstreamer-devel mailing list