[gst-devel] question about pipeline state

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue May 22 15:51:19 CEST 2001

Hi,

I have the stupid (well maybe not) question of the day.

I have this kind of pipeline that I plan to keep for the lifespan of the
application:

gnomevfssrc -> mad -> osssink

I want to change the file used by gnomevfssrc, so I set the pipeline to
PAUSED, change the filename on the src element, and back to PLAYING...
Doesn't work, is it supposed to ?

If I try the same thing with NULL, I get segfaults... (BTW, anybody
knows where I can get patches for gdb to make it work right with threads
? I have 4.18, gdb 5 supports that ?)

What state should I set the pipeline to to be able to change the
filename without destroying the pipeline ?

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net