[gst-devel] gnomevfssrc updates

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Sat May 26 21:53:33 CEST 2001

Hi,

I updated gnomevfssrc this afternoon, now it deals differently with
local and remote files:

- if the is local, use POSIX calls, and mmap() the file, like disksrc
does.
- if the file is remote, it can now seek (given that seek is supported
for this type of source), and reports its size correctly.

Right now, seek on remote sources is rather useless, as only nfs: and
smb: can seek, and they're still in development. But while testing with
gnome-vfs on the local filesystem (that can seek), I found out that
gstmediaplay is a bit aggressive, issuing a seek every time the
horizontal scale was dragged and its value changed.

Arik, or whoever: would it be possible to have a seek only when the
scale is _released_ ?

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera