[gst-devel] 0.2.0 release tasks

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Sun May 27 23:35:49 CEST 2001

On 27 May 2001 14:23:56 -0700, Erik Walthinsen wrote:
> There are a number of this we need to do to make sure the 0.2.0 release
> doesn't suck.  Various people are gonna have to take over a lot of these
> tasks in order to get this done in a reasonable amount of time:
>
> 1) pick a codename (object_destruction implies "Free the Mallocs" to me...)
> 2) ensure `make distcheck` is clean (/me works on that now)
> 3) seriously clean up configure.in
> 4) make sure that all the plugins that we're shipping work to some degree
>    (or we should remove them from the tarball)
> 5) go through and audit the licenses of all the plugins, documenting them
> 6) make a list of our dependencies and find them all
>    (this may mean building rpms/debs as necessary, for various distribs)
> 7) coordinate 0.2.0-preN testing and bug collection/squashing
>
> There are probably more, but these are what come to mind right now.
> Someone needs to volunteer for each of these things, and make be able to
> give the "GO!" when it comes time to actually release 0.2.0...

The only thing that's bothering me is that the EOS signal is 'gone'.
This is the thing that makes gstmediaplay and gstreamer-launch eat all
your CPU when they're done playing.
If this problem is still in 0.2.0, it will make it unusable to the users
and application developers (and they are the people we're making a
release for).

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera