[gst-devel] configure question

Thomas Nyberg thomas at codefactory.se
Mon May 28 16:50:22 CEST 2001

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 03:58:56PM +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> Is ALSA considered "core" (ie should I upgrade alsa without using it) or
> should the check failure be less fatal ?

I would say no, it should not be considered core at the moment anyway.
The current CVS holds only support for ALSA 0.5.x. After this week is
over, I have had my exams for this semester and should have the time to
fix this. I hope I will have the time anyway, one can never really tell
when it's about school :(

The conclusion is, ALSA should not be considered core until support for
0.9.x is added. Then, the people responsible for deciding what is core
and what is not core should have a say.

/Thomas <thomas at codefactory.se>

Thomas Nyberg                    thomas.nyberg at codefactory.se
CodeFactory AB                   http://www.codefactory.se/
Office: +46 (0)90 71 86 10       Cell: +46 (0)70 335 61 64