[gst-devel] gst_element_set_state

Robert Rosen Robert at l3i.com
Thu Nov 8 22:58:02 CET 2001

Dear gst developers,

I am new to gstreamer app development and I've had success installing and
building
but I ran into this bug .... or so it seems.

Im using "gstplay" and have gotten it to play mpeg1's and mp3's and it all
works
great untill I call gst_play_stop(...).  At that point it hangs.  I traced
into the code
and it seems that it hangs in a call to gst_element_set_state(...,
GST_STATE_READY).

I traced further into the code and found that it's stuck in a "while loop"
calling
one of the elements - trying to set it's state.  Specificaly it sets the
state, it then
gets the state to verify it but the state never changes so it never leaves
the loop.

Could it be that I'm not allowing a thread to run? if so, how should I be
doing this?

I also saw a few FIXME notes around this area of the code.  something about
"until; states are handled properly"

One other clue. This infinite loop condition also occurs when using the
sample called gstmediaplay unmodified.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Etan Rosen