[gst-devel] Does it need Alsa 0.9betaX?

Andy Wingo apwingo at eos.ncsu.edu
Wed Nov 21 08:30:16 CET 2001

Hi Oliver,

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Till Oliver Knoll wrote:
> I checked the archive and the README, no words about ALSA: when I try to
> compile the latest version of GStreamer 0.2.1, I get compile errors when
> it comes to the ALSA stuff (I remember the file alsasrc.c (?)), like
> insufficient parameters provided for function xyz in alsa.h or so...
>
> I'm using ALSA 0.5.11, does GStreamer require the new API of ALSA
> 0.9beta[x]?

The version that was released in 0.2.1 is for alsa 0.5.x, and I've never
tried to compile it because I've never had that version of alsa. The
version in CVS is for alsa 0.9, and I try to keep it current with CVS
alsa. It should work with 0.9beta9 or whatever they're up to these days.

So, either get cvs gstreamer and one of the 0.9 alsa releases, or just
--disable-alsa and use oss emulation. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

cheers,

wingo.

ps alsa has been pretty stable, api-wise, lately, and gst cvs is more
fun ;-)