[gst-devel] RE: gstreamer problem

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Mon Oct 22 16:32:03 CEST 2001

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Robert Rosen wrote:

> 	1. Shouldnt the make files automaticaly copy the .so's and .la's to
> the ../lib/gst folder and then execute gstreamer-register?
Nope.  That's what make install is for, and you want to be careful with
that.  There are some issues there that I've been writing a doc on that
make things tricky to explain quickly.  I'll post on the list when the doc
is online.

> 	2. Do you know if there's a cinepak plugin coming?
It's conceivable that someone could write an xanim codec wrapper, but
the license for the binary codecs for xanim even have a license
'prohibiting' you from using them with anything but xanim. pfff, whatever.

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_