[gst-devel] Can't make gstreamer work

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Mon Sep 10 10:14:01 CEST 2001

* David Given <dg at tao-group.com> [20010910 12:37]:
> [...]
> > The debian Makefile doesn't do anything special with auto* stuff.  And
> > I'm not sure how useful that stuff is without the .diff.gz with a few
> > other fixups in it.  If you're getting missing AC/AM stuff you make want
> > to 'export ACLOCAL_FLAGS=-L /usr/local/share/aclocal' before running
> > autogen.sh.
>
> [~/src/gstreamer-0.2.1]
> dg at pearl [507] [17:25:48] export ACLOCAL_FLAGS=-L

> aclocal: unrecognized option -- `-L'
> Try `aclocal --help' for more information.
> aclocal failed - check that all needed development files are present on system

Uh, by:
  'export ACLOCAL_FLAGS=-L /usr/local/share/aclocal'
I obviously meant:
  'export ACLOCAL_FLAGS=-I /usr/local/share/aclocal'
;)
or maybe even:
  'export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /usr/local/share/aclocal"'
but I haven't tried this stuff for a while...  you could just add it to
autogen.sh too.

> Is it worth getting the latest CVS and trying again?

err... i was just trying to get autogen.sh to work for you based on a
vague problem report, that may not be the problem.  ;)  Maybe be more
specific how things are failing.

> Hmm. Okay. (I was just checking that there was a reason and it wasn't an
> oversight. At this stage it's probably better to recompile it and not trust the
> prebuilt binaries, anyway.)

Hmm?  The 0.2.1 debs work as expected for me.  I'm nearly done with the
CVS code debs which I can more easily keep up to date.  (just need to
make sure all patches got merged).  What's not to trust?

-dave
--
David I. Lehn <dlehn at vt.edu>  | http://www.lehn.org/~dlehn/
Computer Engineering Graduate @ Virginia Tech in sunny Blacksburg, VA