[gst-devel] Very cool stuff happening atm

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Sun Sep 16 23:13:03 CEST 2001

BeNOW, operator of benow.ca, has just started streaming from live FM radio
via GStreamer.  He started with a hand-coded application to do the task,
but was having problems.  A quick diversion to gstreamer-launch solved it:

./gstreamer-launch osssrc ! lame bitrate=128 ! icecastsend .....

He's live right now streaming straight off of FM radio!

While hacking on this problem (the show started at 11:30, we were
broadcasting by about 11:32), I set up my own icecast server, and started
messing around with -launch on my end.  I'm currently running:

./gstreamer-launch httpsrc location=http://us.benow.ca:10390 ! mad ! \
lame bitrate=48 ! icecastsend .....

I've now got several people listening to BeNOW's live FM rebroadcast via
my re-encoded reflector, all done with gstreamer ;-)

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_