[gst-devel] what do people think about GError?

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Wed Apr 10 02:11:05 CEST 2002

anyway. Or
> > is there anything but -launch that uses it?
>
> Nope. Although it is documented in the manual, and there is example
> code, and -launch-gui uses it, and in the future I'd like to get the
> editor to be able to use it. That said, I think a nice way to do it
> would be to contain the main code in a plugin library, so that
> gst_parse_launch can just gst_library_load ("gstparse"); and load it up
> on demand. That would not be hard to do with the given code.

All for it, put it in a lib.  I'll tell you why.  I woke up last night and
I had been dreaming about my pretty nautilus-enabled desktop, and I had
icons on my desktop.  Well, one of the icons was called "mp3 192 kbit js",
and I was able to drag ANY media type containing audio to it and drop it
there, and after some time the encoded version would appear on the
desktop.  Well, I WANT to do that.  It's cool, it's functional, and it
would make people go "what a great idea".  Well this morning I was
thinking about how to do that with gst-launch, and that might work, but I
think it might be even easier to do with partial pipeline stuff as well.
So let's bring out the pipeline and make it more usable !

And anyone who wants to help me think about we can get those icons on my
desktop, and ahve tigert make some pretty icons for it, please do ;)
GStreamer is great, we're building heaps of momentum (as seen on GUADEC)
and we need to show people what it can do.

Thomas

nobody's interested
in something you didn't do
<-*- thomas at apestaart.org -*->